🏆 App of the Month 🏆
Our January featured app of the month is......🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
The Traingenerator app by Johannes Rieke which generates custom template code for PyTorch & sklearn, all within a simple Streamlit UI. [See the gif above!]
To learn more about the app take a look at the repo here - we recommend perusing some of Johannes' other repos as well [including his Best of Streamlit tracker] - he has some pretty cool projects 😎
Streamlit January Updates
The latest and greatest that you might have missed in January.
🔍 Current Releases: 0.76.0
🕹 Closed betas
We currently have a number of coming soon features that are being tested in closed beta, including:
- Secrets management (for Streamlit sharing)
- Programmable state
- Customizable theming
If you're interested in testing any of these send us a message on the forum and we'll add you to the beta when it becomes available.
🧩 New components
The community continues to actively develop a number of new components that you can use to extend your apps. Here are two that made some headway in January:
- Streamlit Ag-Grid by Pablo Fonseca - Streamlit Ag-Grid makes it possible to use interactive dataframes within your Streamlit apps. [Demo App]
- Streamlit WebRTC by Yuichiro Tsuchiya - Use Streamlit WebRTC to send and receive video within your Streamlit apps. [Demo App]
🎈 New Streamlit Creators
We welcomed our three newest Streamlit Creators in January: Johannes Rieke, Tyler Richards, and Christian Klose - read more about them here.
Featured Streamlit content
Podcasts and articles written by the Streamlit team for your listening and reading pleasure.
- Listen to Streamlit's COO, Amanda Kelly, as she talks about Streamlit and company building with Darius Gant on his podcast Building Data Applications for AI
- Streamlit engineer, Tim Conkling tells the story of allow-same-origin: Streamlit Components, security, and a five month quest to ship a single line of code
- We're having a bit of a love affair with Firestore. In this piece Streamlit engineer, Austin Chen walks through Part 1 of how to use Streamlit and Firestore together: Streamlit ❤️ Firestore
Featured community content
Some great apps, repos, and articles by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Read Jared Stock's article about how Arup and New Story are using Streamlit to help combat pandemic related evictions.
- Check-out the popular Github stats app by Johannes to see your GitHub activity from 2020
- Christian wrote a fun tutorial on how to sketch number prediction using a Streamlit app
- The Data Professor did a guest video on freeCodeCamp where he builds 12 data science apps with Python and Streamlit - and check out his growing archive of Streamlit tutorials: How to Make a Multi-Page Web App | Streamlit #16
- For all the cinema fans out there, Steven created "The Pitch Doctor " to help you create a title and movie pitch for you next horror film 🧟
- Fanilo made some amazing updates to his Streamlit ECharts component
- A great article by Tim on how to create and deploy a neural style transfer app
- A notable app by Alireza helping to show where individuals can donate items in Switzerland: Where2Give
- Justin wrote a helpful piece on how to optimize a Pandas dataframe with a Streamlit app
Thanks for checking out this edition of the Monthly Rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.