🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our December featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Feather AI by Josh Cadorette and David Hoffman.
Feather AI is an audio-to-text summarizer app built in 1 week during a hackathon! To use the app, all you need to do is add a link to a podcast or YouTube video, enter your email, and get a polished summary in your inbox in 5-10 minutes. It can be used for many use cases, such as summarizing earnings calls, meetings, or webinars.
Streamlit December updates
Below are the latest updates and releases from December.
🔍 Current release: 1.16.0
The latest release is 1.16.0. Recent updates include a new Streamlit theme for Altair and Plotly charts and colored text in
st.markdown. Check out the changelog to learn more about the latest features and fixes.
New features to get excited about:
- De-experimentalize faster rerun
- Ability to serve static files
- Editable dataframes
Visit our roadmap app to see what else we're working on. 🥳
📊 Streamlit theme for Altair and Plotly charts
- There's a new Streamlit theme for Altair and Plotly charts! Now your charts will integrate better with the rest of your app's design.
🖼️ Social share preview
- Introducing share previews for Community Cloud apps. You'll see a generated image and description previewing your app when you share it.
⭐️ Streamlit Education program
- We're launching two new education programs!
🍎 Educator Ambassadors—supports educators using Streamlit in the classroom.
🎒 Student Ambassadors—guides students from building apps to mastering Streamlit.
Featured Streamlit content
💊 How to quickly deploy and share your machine learning model for drug discovery
- Learn how to deploy and share an ML model for drug discovery! Sebastián goes over how to create the UI, display important data, and use the model for prediction.
🎵 Find the top songs from your high school years with a Streamlit app
- Want to rediscover music from your high school days? Learn from Robert how to build an app to generate Spotify playlists of top songs from selected years.
🔐 Streamlit-Authenticator, Part 1: Adding an authentication component to your app
- Check out Streamlit-Authenticator—a custom component by Mohammad to help with apps that require user authentication and privileges.
📺 New tutorials on Streamlit YouTube:
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- See and navigate awesome components with Johannes' Streamlit components hub app.
- Using GPT3 and DALL-E, Nikolas's Generate Tweets app will create Tweets for you and upload them to your account!
- Luca's Molecular icons generator lets you generate and customize icons from SMILES, Name, Cas-number, Inchi, InChIKey, loaded molecule file, or SMILES list.
- Learn about the streamlit-pandas component and how to Easily Make DataFrame App with Streamlit Pandas (Only 2 lines of Python!) from William.
- Experiment with Ultralytics Yolov5 models using Robin's yolov5-ui app.
- Ozgur's Euro league stats app decides the most productive 5 team members in selected matches.
- With Ali's Cross Chain Monitoring Tool, you can compare +10 blockchains in different sectors and view the performance of each blockchain.
- Indraneel created his Curated app to provide awesome resources for learning new skills.
- The Psychiatric Medications Side Effects app by Nadya and team lets you input a person's psychiatric medications and conveniently displays all their side effects for clearer understanding.
- Get insights about the impact of 5G on the top-level management of Atliquo with Jegadheesh's Atliquo Telecom - Performance app.
- Listen to the Streamlit Community Song by Tom John, with lyrics written by ChatGPT.
- Prit's Constellation Explorer computes a transit schedule from the biggest satellite constellations to see which are passing over your location.
- Catch up on some Streamlit features you didn't know existed…in this video from Coding is Fun.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: