🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our January featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
MathGPT by José Manuel Nápoles Duarte!
MathGPT is an app that uses Open AI's GPT-3 and NumPy to handle mathematical operations—such as vectors, matrices, and even college physics problems. Enter a prompt involving a math operation and get the result, explanation, and code behind the solution.
Streamlit January updates
Below are the latest updates and releases from January.
🔍 Current release: 1.18.0
The latest release is 1.18.0. Recent updates include new caching commands to replace
st.cache and columns inside columns. Check out the changelog to learn more about the latest features and fixes.
New features to get excited about:
- Cleaner hamburger menu
- Tooltips on text elements
Visit our roadmap app to see what else we're working on. 🥳
❄️ Snowpark and PySpark support
- Snowflake's Snowpark and Apache's PySpark dataframes are now supported out of the box! Just pass them into any
stcommand that accepts pandas dataframes. See the demo app.
🎈 Streamlit Tutorial-a-thon
Congratulations to the winners of the first Streamlit Tutorial-a-thon: Lisa, Andy, Vinícius, and Hansen! Check out their awesome tutorials. 🎉
Featured Streamlit content
🖼️️ Build an image background remover in Streamlit
- Want to isolate an image from its background while still maintaining the quality? Learn how to build a background remover app from Tyler Simons.
🎨️ Create a color palette from any image
- Want to enhance your data visualization with a custom color palette? Build an app with Siavash Yasini to generate colors from any image.
🗺️ How to make a culture map
- Learn from Michał Nowotka how to create a culture map app while adding dynamic components for visual analysis.
☁️ Host your Streamlit app for free
- Want to rediscover music from your high school days? Learn from Robert how to build an app to generate Spotify playlists of top songs from selected years.
📄 ScienceIO manages billions of rows of training data with Streamlit
- Learn from Gaurav Kaushik how ScienceIO searches and interacts with its training dataset for large healthcare language models—using a Streamlit app connected to a Snowflake database!
📺 New YouTube tutorial: How to Create an Interactive Research Article using Streamlit
- Learn from the Data Professor how to turn your research article into an interactive Streamlit app that can easily be shared with anyone!
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Try out and explore Hugging Face diffusers with Abhishek's Diffuzers app.
- Learn how to Use chatGPT to build a Machine Learning Web App in Python in Avra's YouTube tutorial.
- Bo's TrainAnimeAI app lets you train like your favorite anime character! Input a character's name and get workout and diet plans based on them.
- Carlos teaches how to Create repeatable items in Streamlit in his blog post.
- Convert any question to an SQL query with Idriss' Text to SQL app.
- Ben's Soccer Prospect Research & Radar Creation helps you find players that meet specific criteria.
- Maciej's Ask my PDF app is a question-answering system built on GPT3.
- Dash wrote a technical guide for building image recognition applications in Snowflake.
- Search directly in Google Scholar with Ayoub's Scholar Scrap app.
- Whom does your child look like is Daisy's image comparison app that provides similarity scores of a child to parents.
- Stuck learning Python? Make it fun with Streamlit—Sasha's video shows his development flow and how it helped his sales engineering job.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, check out the Weekly roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: