🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our February featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
The Dungeon by Tomasz Hasiów!
Explore the depths of an ancient dungeon in this Streamlit-based dungeon crawler game. [code]
Streamlit February updates
Below are the latest updates and releases from February.
🔍 Current release: 1.20.0
The latest release is 1.20.0. Recent updates include granular control over app embedding behavior, a cleaner hamburger menu, and the de-experimentalization of faster reruns. Check out the changelog to learn more about the latest features and fixes.
New features to get excited about:
- Step parameter for
- Tooltips on text elements
Visit our roadmap app to see what else we're working on. 🥳
⚡️ New caching commands
st.cache_resource—two new simpler and faster commands to replace
st.cache! Learn more about them here.
🪆 Columns inside columns
st.columnsnow supports up to one level of column nesting! Check out the demo app for examples.
🚀 Editable dataframes
- Editable dataframes are here! With
st.experimental_data_editoryou can now interact with the dataframes in your apps.
Featured Streamlit content
🦾 Using Streamlit for semantic processing with semantha
- Learn how to integrate semantic AI processing into your apps and use cases. Sven Koerner outlines the steps using Streamlit and semantha.
🔐 Streamlit-Authenticator, Part 2: Adding advanced features to your authentication component
- Learn from Mohammad Khorasani how to add advanced features to the Streamlit-Authenticator component in Part 2 of the blog series.
🤖 Using ChatGPT to build a Kedro ML pipeline
- Want to learn from ChatGPT how to deploy and manage ML models with Kedro and Streamilt? See how Arvindra Sehmi asked it to teach him just that.
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Sasmitha's KnowledgeGPT app allows you to ask questions about your documents and get accurate answers with instant citations.
- Get scientific searches and insights all in one place with Avra's PubLit—now using GPT3.
- Jacob outlines How to Build a Dividend Investing Dashboard in Python and Streamlit in his Medium article.
- Build a ChatGPT-like chatbot using LangChain, GPT-3, and Streamlit in echohive's video: Langchain ChatGPT your documents challenge with Gpt 3 and OpenAI embeddings and Streamlit UI.
- Present your portfolio and projects as visually pleasing cards with Tom's Streamlit Cardfolio: A Portfolio Presentation App!
- Tyler's Caltrain Platform app shows the real-time status of trains to improve your commute.
- Stephan's GPTFlix is like a ChatGPT for movie reviews—ask it questions on movie knowledge, reviews, and recommendations.
- Alexander shows how to become one of the top managers in Fantasy Premier League With Snowflake, Streamlit & Python.
- Culture Biosciences created InSiliCHO, a mechanistic model of CHO cell dynamics for exploration of model-assisted DOE, forecasting, and more.
- In Aleksa's video Building web apps using Streamlit | Streamlit crash course | MLOps series #2, you'll learn how to build a fully-fledged web app using Streamlit + HuggingFace Inference API.
- Nicholas goes over How to Code a Machine Learning Lip Reading App with Python Tensorflow and Streamlit in his YouTube tutorial.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, check out the Weekly roundups.
Reach out to us on the forum with any questions or projects you're working on, and follow us on Twitter for the most up-to-date happenings!
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below:
Continue the conversation in our forums →