🏆 App of the Month 🏆
Our April featured app of the month is......🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Playground by Ahmed Besbes.
This app allows you to interactively play with machine learning models directly from the browser. You can use it to test different models with varying hyper-parameters on a set of non-linear classification problems. [code]
Streamlit April Updates
Here are some of the many exciting things that happened at Streamlit in April.
🔍 Current Release: 0.81.0
April brought two big releases, the newest being 0.81.0. Many notable features were introduced in these releases including secrets management, forms, and submit button. If you haven't updated in a while, make sure to check out the changelog since we're continually releasing new features and fixes.
🔮 Upcoming Features
Programmable state will be landing in the near future!
🌲 Series B
We announced our Series B round of funding led by Sequoia and backed by previous investors Gradient Ventures and GGV Capital. Read more from CEO Adrien in his blog post.
🎈 New Streamlit Creators
We welcomed four new awesome community members to the Streamlit Creators program. Read more about them below and check out our creators page here.
Featured Streamlit content
Videos and articles written by or featuring the Streamlit team for your viewing and reading pleasure.
- James outlines how to use Secrets Management in Streamlit sharing to securely connect to private data sources.
- The new commands st.form and st.form_submit_button are explained by Abhi in his latest blog post.
- In Austin's conclusion to his Firestore tutorial, he shows how to build a Reddit clone and deploy it with secrets.
- We released two more Streamlit Shorts this month in the core function series: How to make a slider and a select slider. Read more about Shorts here.
Featured community content
Some great apps, repos, and articles by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Robert's Distribution Analyser app allows you to interactively explore continuous distributions from SciPy and fit distribution(s) to your data
- Ethan walks through how he deployed his app in Brewing a Coffee Recommender (Part 2)
- Bhavesh shows how you can track prices of cryptocurrencies in his video tutorial Bitcoin Tracking with 20 lines of Python code
- In Misra's video, she goes into How to Make Pie Charts in Streamlit Using Plotly
- The Python Data Visualization Tour app by Jeff visualizes plots and code for 6 Python plotting libraries at once: bokeh, altair, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly (express) & pandas
- Charly released a beta version of his app StreamProphet that lets you visualize your forecasted SEO traffic
- Another great tutorial from 1littlecoder shows how to Build Streamlit Dashboard Template for Python Data Science | Tableau Alternative in Python
- In his video How to deploy ML app in 2 mins | Streamlit Sharing, Anuj walks you through how to deploy your app on sharing
- Gareth made interactive character interaction graphs in his Star Trek Script Analysis Dashboard
- Aaron's app NFL Mock Draft Database determines probabilities of the draft results with nice visualizations
- Justin outlines how Reverie Labs is Building Web Applications From Python Scripts with Streamlit in his blog post
Thanks for checking out this edition of the Monthly Rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: