🏆 App of the Month 🏆
Our August featured app of the month is......🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Wanna know how many parking spots are available at the Jackson Hole Wyoming Town Square before making the trip? This app takes a live stream of the area and and processes it with Mask R-CNN to detect cars and trucks. It then compares locations with parking places to see which are available. [code]
Streamlit August Updates
Let's take a look at all that happened during the month of August!
🔍 Current Release: 0.88.0
The latest release is 0.88.0 with st.download_button being the notable feature. August also brought st.metric! Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about all of the latest features and fixes.
🔮 Upcoming Features
Check these new features coming soon:
- Improved hamburger menu
- Next gen cache
- Text dials
- Support for cards
🎈 New careers page
Want to know what it's like to work at Streamlit? Check out the new and improved careers page to learn more about our values and see what roles are open!
🎨 New creators
We're excited to welcome 3 new members to the Streamlit creators program. Shout out to AbdulMajed, Pablo, and Yuichiro. Get to know them and the rest of our awesome creators here.
🍎 Education Poll
We're looking to develop an Education Program and would love your insight and feedback on Streamlit in the classroom. If you're a teacher or student, take a sec to fill out our form and let us know how we can support you.
Featured Streamlit content
Podcasts and articles written by or featuring the Streamlit team for your listening and reading pleasure.
- Streamlit creator Tyler Richards released his book "Getting Started with Streamlit for Data Science", a great comprehensive guide on learning Streamlit!
- Check out more details about this awesome new resource in Adrien's review piece.
Featured community content
Some great apps, videos, and articles by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- 1littlecoder showed how to make an app that can extract text from images in his video Python Tutorial to build Image to Text App using EasyOCR & Streamlit
- Python Engineer created a Stock Prediction Web App In Python In 60 Seconds! in his short
- Yaniss' Broken Links Finder app takes a domain and finds every broken link in any of the pages present on the website
- See how Streamlit is used for Sharing micro-computed tomography(MCT) image analysis in dentistry in Jongki's app
- Avra gave tips on how to design your apps in his video STREAMLIT Python TRICKS - make your WEB APP look BETTER in 6 Minutes
- SEOgre by Colt, is a tool that lets you layer Google updates, GSC traffic, and SEO tool data exports to better analyze data
- Jose made an app SMILES + RDKit + Py3DMOL to learn about Simplified Molecular Input Line Entry System
- In his video Streamlit Tutorial for Building Analytics Metric Dashboard in Python 1littlecoder went over the new st.metric feature
- Jenna created Interact with Gapminder Data, an app that students can learn how to make in her workshop on interactive data visualizations in python
- Ahmed wrote an overview outlining 7 Reasons Why You Should Use the Streamlit AgGrid Component
- Misra came back with another great YouTube tutorial showing How to use Streamlit session states and callback functions | Make your apps remember things!
Thanks for checking out this edition of the Monthly Rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: