🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our October featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Streamlit-geospatial by Qiusheng Wu!
This multi-page web app demonstrates various interactive geospatial applications created with open-source mapping libraries such as leafmap, geemap, pydeck, and kepler.gl. Create timelapses, upload vector data, search basemaps, and more! This is an open-source project. [code].
Streamlit October updates
Let's take a look back at all that happened during the month of October!
🔍 Current release: 1.1.0
The latest release is 1.1.0. Recent updates include memory improvements and semantic versioning. See the memory usage over time of one of our internal apps below. The lines on the left are using older Streamlit versions and the line on the right is using 1.1.0!
Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about all of the latest features and fixes.
Some new upcoming features and updates to get excited about:
- Webcam input
- Better "Argh" error page
- Favorite an app
Check out our roadmap app to see what else lies ahead!
🎈 Streamlit 1.0 release
Streamlit 1.0 was officially released. 🥳 Thank you community for all the feedback and pull requests which made reaching this milestone possible!
Featured Streamlit content
We launched a brand-new docs site! Easily navigate between API references (now also more discoverable in searches), Cloud deployment, tutorials, and other resources.
- In Detecting parking spots with Streamlit, Jeffrey described how to build an app that can detect parking spaces from a livestream with OpenCV and Mask R-CNN.
Featured community content
Some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Zakaria's Clean Speech Audio with IBM Watson STT and Streamlit App lets you clean up your Audio recordings by removing unwanted spaces and words
- Qiusheng incorporated leafmap apps to his open-source project
- In his video tutorial, PartTimeLarry showed how to use Streamlit to build a simple UI on top of OpenSea NFT API
- Akshanh made a Streamlit Playground app where you can learn, experiment, and play with Streamlit components on the fly
- In the video Quantum Tic Tac Toe with IBM Qiskit and Streamlit, Jay showed how to build a Quantum version of the classic Tic Tac Toe game
- Loren created Dashboard Evolution Covid19 en France to show different views of the evolution of the Covid-19 in France
- José's STL files from molecules app returns molecular models in STL format for 3D printing
- Sean created xPlot, a data explorer to plot data from files for analysis
- Find rankings, result types, and ranking URLs for a bulk list of keywords in Michael's Keyword rankings app
- Aditya made a Triple Combo Plotter app to plot LAS file data
- You can quickly clean up your keywords lists with Alexis' SEO Keywords Spelling Checker
Thanks for checking out this edition of our monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: