🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our December featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
CosmΩracle by Niko, Marco and Matthijs!
CosmΩracle is an app that calculates distances in cosmology. It was created to be a useful and convenient computing aid for people who have a need to know the structure of the universe. Calculate anywhere, anytime! [code].
Streamlit December updates
Let's take a look back at all that went on during December.
🔍 Current release: 1.3.0
The latest release is 1.3.0. Recent updates include further support for PyDeck and Plotly charts, and
st.caption supporting HTML in text with
unsafe_allow_html parameter. Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about all of the latest features and fixes.
Upcoming new features and updates to get excited about:
- Sign in with email (coming VERY soon 👀)
- Camera integration
- In-app share feature
Check out our roadmap app to get a scope of what else we're working on. 🥳
☁️ Streamlit Cloud free tier expansion
- The free tier of Streamlit Cloud got some major updates! You can now deploy unlimited public apps and a private app for free.
🔒 SOC 2 Certification
- We're committed to meeting industry standards and are now SOC 2 Type 1 certified. Read more about securely sharing your apps using Streamlit Cloud.
Featured Streamlit content
- Learn how to create a satellite timelapse for any location in the world and deploy your own Earth Engine Streamlit app in this blog post by Qiusheng!
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Explore civic data in Jenna's City of Boston: CityScore app.
- Learn How to Embed Tweets on Streamlit Web Application with Avra's tutorial.
- Vivek's Face Detection and Analysis app uses DeepFace and OpenCV to determine age, gender, and emotion.
- In this live coding, Nicholas shows how to Build a TikTok Data Science App with Streamlit and Python.
- Pair up Pokémon and see who would win in Marshall's Pokemon Battle Simulator.
- Calculate elite qualifying miles and dollars with King's Air Canada Aeroplan miles and dollars calculator.
- Sven's video tutorial teaches you how to Add a snowflake animation to your Streamlit web app.
- In her article Streamlit Hands-On: Features and Tips For Enhanced App User Experience, Sharone guides you through the code of a real-world use case.
- Javier's Portfolio Optimization Tool lets you apply the Efficient Frontier implementation using MonteCarlo simulations to define and optimize two portfolio examples.
- In the Summarizing my favorite podcasts with Python tutorial by AssemblyAI, you can learn how to build an app that summarizes podcasts to text by chapter.
- Learn how to make an ML Hyperparameter Optimization App using Streamlit in Nandan's step-by-step tutorial.
- Analyze and visualize your tweets from the last year in Roberto's app Tu año en Twitter.
- Another tutorial from Sven shows you how to Build a Website in only 12 minutes using Python & Streamlit.
- Yash and Yash created a new Streamlit-Chat component for a chat-bot UI.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Reach out to us on the forum with any questions or projects you're working on and follow our Twitter for the most up-to-date happenings!
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below:
Continue the conversation in our forums →