🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our February featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Streamlit with AssemblyAI by Ahmed Besbes!
This app uses AssemblyAI to transcribe YouTube videos and extract topics from them. It breaks the video into portions and highlights the detected topics from each. [code]
Streamlit February updates
Let's take a look at all that happened in February.
🔍 Current release: 1.7.0
The latest release is 1.7.0. Recent updates include WebSocket compression being disabled by default, and radio and checkboxes improving focus on keyboard navigation. Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about all of the latest features and fixes.
Below are some upcoming features to get excited about:
- App viewers data
- Email alert when app is over the resource limits
- Multipage apps
Check out our roadmap app to get a bigger scope of what else we're working on. 🥳
📺 Streamlit and Pinecone Webinar
- Randy joined James and Pinecone to show how to build a custom Q&A app to revolutionize your search systems!
Featured Streamlit content
- See how Delta Dental uses Streamlit to make lightning-fast decisions and empower their data team.
- Calculate distances in cosmology with just one click! Learn how researchers Niko Marco and Matthijs came together to create the CosmΩracle app.
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Lucas made a financial data visualization app with Raindrop Charts using Yfinance, Streamlit, & Plotly.
- Fanilo showed 4 ways to display Seaborn charts in Streamlit in his YouTube tutorial.
- James wrote about how to build production-ready NLP apps in his article Getting Started with Streamlit for NLP.
- In his article Build Your Own SEO AnswerBox With GPT-3 Codex & Streamlit, Vincent explained how to gain productivity by configuring your own smart SEO dashboards using phrases and questions.
- Learn How to build a Cryptocurrency Price Index [with Python using SQL,APIs and Streamlit] in Algovibes' video tutorial.
- See visualizations for the last 500 recorded earthquakes on a Turkish map in Doğukan's Turkey Earthquake Dashboard .
- Alan wrote a great step-by-step guide on how to Publish Your Streamlit Apps in the Cloud.
- In his helpful tutorial, Fanilo went over 10 tips to become a Streamlit Cloud Master.
- Explore Oscar nominees and make predictions on the winners in Bogdan's 2022 Oscars Predictions app.
- Ammar's app summarized the most common Activation Functions—an important topic in deep learning.
- Create pallettes from colormaps with Robert's Color Extractor and use them in your projects.
- Brydon created NorthDash: Canada’s Status Dashboard to visualize how Canada is faring based on data.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Reach out to us on the forum with any questions or projects you're working on and follow us on Twitter for the most up-to-date happenings!
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below:
Continue the conversation in our forums →