🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our January featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Streamlit January updates
Let's take a look at what happened in January.
🔍 Current release: 1.5.0
The latest release is 1.5.0. Recent updates include the favicon defaulting to PNG for transparency and better support for nested HTML. Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about all of the latest features and fixes.
Here are some upcoming features to get excited about:
- In-app share menu
- Multipage apps
Check out our roadmap app to get a bigger scope of what else we're working on. 🥳
📸 Camera integration
- You can now upload images to your apps straight from your camera with the new st.camera_input feature. Try it out with the release demo.
🎈 What's new in Streamlit
- Recent updates to Streamlit Cloud include the sign-in with email and the ability to share apps with any email address. Read more about these features here.
Featured Streamlit content
- Learn Streamlit essentials in this guide by Data Professor outlining all the steps from start to deployment!
- Create interactive presentations with Streamlit using Sebatian's streamlit_book library.
- See how to diagnose blood cancer from DNA data with Streamlit! Check out CloneRetriever by Eitan Halper-Stromberg, the molecular pathologist at Johns Hopkins.
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Daniel's Carbon Intensity App lets you visualize the carbon intensity for the UK by date and can forecast up to 2 days ahead.
- In his video Pseudo Grid Layout using Streamlit columns, Fanilo shows how to use horizontal layout and columns to improvise a grid layout.
- Say or write a pickup line, and Paul's Pickup Line Prediction Using K-Nearest Neighbors app will determine if it's a success or a failure.
- Simulate and study emergent properties of teamwork with Michael and Chris's SuperScript app.
- Learn all about these 5 Streamlit Components To Build Better Applications in Ahmed's breakdown.
- Sebastian's app teaches about the Confusion Matrix in an interactive and fun way.
- Learn how to build a Real-Time Live Finance/Marketing/Data Science Dashboard in Python from 1littlecoder's YouTube tutorial.
- Sejal does A Deep Dive into Wordle, the New Pandemic Puzzle Craze with an app to analyze how effective your guesses are.
- Siavash created Koffee of the world—a simple web app to explore, visualize, and compare coffee quality profiles of different countries.
- Find Google Earth Engine apps by their location, filter by zoom level, and open the app directly in your browser with Philipp's Earth Engine App Finder.
- Use Antoine's Download data from archive.org app to get old URLs for a domain—a necessary step for fixing migrations.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: