🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our April featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
SatSchool - Hands on with Data by Samuel Bancroft.
SatSchool is an earth observation outreach program for getting hands-on with satellite data. This interactive app teaches you how to work with different types of data in order to visualize and understand environmental concepts. [code]
Streamlit April updates
Let's take a look at what happened in April.
🔍 Current release: 1.9.0
The latest release is 1.9.0. Recent updates include support for keyword-only argument
st.json and the maintaining of the widgets' value when
disabled is set/unset. Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about the latest features and fixes.
Some exciting new features coming soon:
- Workspace analytics and app viewers data
- Multipage apps
- New dataframe UI
Check out our roadmap app to see what else we're working on. 🥳
🗓 30 days of Streamlit
- April kicked off #30DaysofStreamlit, a fun social challenge to practice building and deploying Streamlit apps. Get started and follow the daily tasks here.
🎙 Tech Twitter Space
- As part of #30DaysofStreamlit, Francesco hosted a Tech Twitter Space with Amanda, Randy, and Chanin (Dataprofessor). Listen to the recording to hear the discussion—including questions from the community!
📄 New docs tutorials
- We added two new database connection tutorials to the docs. Learn how to connect Streamlit to Deta Base and Supabase.
🎈 New Streamlit Creators
- Welcome our newest Streamlit Creators—Mısra, Gerard, and Franky! 🥳
Featured Streamlit content
- Learn how to find memory leaks and fix them with these three steps from George.
- 1littlecoder teaches you how to build your own real-time live data dashboard for quick insights into finance, marketing, and data analytics.
- See how Streamlit helped the analytics team at The Stable scale and democratize their data and go from idea to app in just a few days.
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Get insight into energy production and use Benedict's Energytics app.
- Anna's Hiking Upward Recommender app can help you find your next similar hike.
- Sharone's article shows how to Make Dataframes Interactive by using Streamlit-Aggrid.
- In his Introduction to Streamlit and Streamlit Components, Arvindra details how to build not only a Streamlit app but also custom components to expand its functionality.
- Christoph's Prettymapp app lets you create beautiful artistic maps in your browser for any address.
- Learn how to add keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the Streamlit apps with Fanilo's video tutorial.
- The Striking Distance Creator app by Lee blends keyword & crawl data to provide actionable insights for keywords close to ranking.
- Japan created an app for cryptocurrency prediction called CryptoBase.
- Jina AI released Jina NOW—a no-code solution for creating a neural search with a built-in Streamlit interface!
- spacy-streamlit got an upgrade with improved NER visualization, UX and layout enhancements, and two new example scripts.
- Joan teaches how to Deploy Machine Learning Web Applications with Streamlit and seamlessly interact with models in a creative and easy way.
- Okld released an awesome new component Streamlit Elements that allows you to build draggable and resizable dashboards with Material UI, Nivo charts, and more!
- Learn how to Generate Images with Your Voice Using DALL-E in Assembly AI's tutorial by Patrick.
- Another article by Sharone dives into how to Create a Data Profiling App Using Pandas_Profiling and Streamlit.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: