🏆 App of the month 🏆
Our September featured app of the month is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
Abstractonator by Crossref Labs!
This app is a game that tests if you can distinguish machine-generated content (MGC) from human-generated content (HGC). Try to guess which scholarly abstracts are the human-generated originals and which are AI-generated! [code]
Streamlit September updates
Let's take a look at some updates and highlights from September.
🔍 Current release: 1.13.0
The latest release is 1.13.0. Recent updates include the ability to optionally hide widget labels and to stretch
st.dataframe across the full container width. Be sure to check out the changelog to learn more about the latest features and fixes.
We're currently working on these new features:
- Streamlit theme for 3rd party charting libraries
- Apps are indexed by Google
Visit our roadmap app to see what else we're working on. 🥳
Featured Streamlit content
🧩 How to build your own Streamlit component
- Learn how to create your own custom component in this tutorial from Zachary.
📦 Streamlit App Starter Kit: How to build apps faster
- Save 10 minutes every time you build an app with the Data Professor's Streamlit App Starter Kit—a GitHub template to kick-start your creations!
💻 How to build Streamlit apps on Replit
- Easily build apps on Replit and explore Streamlit elements with the Beginner Template Tour from Streamlit Creator Shruti.
Featured community content
Here are some great apps and tutorials by the Streamlit community. Check out the Streamlit forum for even more community content.
- Fanilo tackles a bunch of community questions in his video Streamlit Pro answers YOUR questions & messages • 1k AMA.
- Sephora's NLLB-200 translator for lyrics demo app lets you translate lyrics from popular songs to 200 languages, including low-resource languages.
- Roll the dice and see the distribution of the sum of die results with Bruno's Playing dice! app.
- With Koen's SEO A/B Test Analyzer you can validate almost all SEO changes and optimizations before they're implemented on your website.
- Valeria's Tarot Reading App will give you a three-card spread on your past, present, and future.
- Use Mykola's app to discover Land Surface Temperature - River Basins in Europe and the USA.
- Nicholas attempts a fun coding challenge in his YouTube video: I tried to build a Python Machine Learning Streamlit App in 7 Minutes.
- Yuichiro's stlite sharing lets you write and share Streamlit apps online serverlessly!
- Sam's tutorial Python-Based Data Viz (With No Installation Required) walks you through setting up a Streamlit app to share with stlite.
- With Zakaria's Distillation Column app, you can estimate the required performance of a given system for a specified reflux rate and then use the values to help size a complete distillation column.
- In his YouTube tutorial, Fede teaches you How to code and deploy a Streamlit App in less than 20 minutes!
- Arvindra made a mini-tutorial app to help with Initializing widget values and getting them to stick without double presses.
- Arjune's first Streamlit app, HR Analytics, visualizes a summary of each department and each employee in the organization.
- Use Michael's Drug Target Prediction app to find molecules with similar structural properties that can serve as a source for new drugs.
Thanks for checking out this edition of our Monthly rewind. If you'd like more frequent updates on what's happening in the community, make sure to check out the Weekly Roundups.
Want to see older rewinds? Check them out below: